Insect and spider bites are fairly common for individuals to experience. Spider bites, however can have adverse effects that are far-reaching and may cause increased health problems. There are several dangers to spider bites and several treatments depending on the type of spider bite and if the bite has become infected. The following are dangers of the spider bites and the treatments for said spider bites.
Dangers of Spider Bites
There are several dangers of spider bites depending on the type of spider bite given. An allergic reaction that can be severe spider bite can lead to anaphylactic shock. This severe allergic reaction may be life-threatening depending on the person's reaction to the spider venom. Symptoms of a severe allergic reaction are shocked, swelling of the lips and tongue, nausea, diarrhea, and coughing or wheezing. If these occur after the spider bite, the patient should seek immediate medical attention through an emergency room or hospital facility.
Toxic reactions are also a danger of spider bites. These toxic reactions are generally caused by specific spiders. These spiders include the black widow spider and the brown recluse spider. If an individual receives a spider bite from a black widow or a brown recluse they should seek medical attention immediately.
There are several treatment plans available for spider bites. These treatment plans, however are chosen by the doctor depending on the severity of the spider bite and what kind of spider bite it is. If the individual has been bitten by a brown recluse or a black widow the treatment can be an anti-venom shots as well as various forms of shots or over-the-counter medications. Though this is not always the case, individuals who are having severe issues with spider bites including toxic reactions or maybe going into anaphylactic shock need to contact a doctor immediately. Treatment plans vary and the doctor will be able to prescribe and induce a treatment plan suitable for the patient.